Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Semester Reveiew

Progress Achieved

Rugger Approaches Completion



Who's This dashing Amphibian?

If you recall my earlier post about my semester project, you'll perhaps recognize the handsome gentleman pictured above. For the first time in a while, I have most nearly completed a project in the amount of time I predicted. (By most nearly I mean there is a scene I have not finished but soon It will be done and this post will be updated) When I get the finishing touches done after winter break, I will have the final product that I intend to submit to eMagine this spring!


I encountered many challenges while finishing this project, but not nearly as many as I encountered in my various 3D projects. Since, when I last left you off, I had created a movie file to help me time my frames, most of the work since then has been drawing the frames and organizing them into workable layers (no need to re-render a background when you can just have the characters move, similar to older 2D levels of animation).


Additionally, I had to make a few sacrifices to the intended product to make the animation more possible. For example, I no longer have Rugger gesture for his drink in the second scene, due to time restrictions. Also, the no longer has freckles on his shoulders, to eliminate possible headaches in the second scene as he pulls himself up on the counter. Shading, as well, has been scrapped so that I can get something view-able rendered in time. It's a bit more than I wanted to sacrifice, but I came into this project simply wanting to get something done, and I did that! I am quite proud of myself for getting this far, and no longer have to wonder if I'll have nothing to show for my years of eComm.


You ready? Take a look below to see for yourself what this final project looks like!





No comments:

Post a Comment